Custom QR Codes for Your Station's Apps
Did you know you can generate your own custom QR codes that link right to your station's apps (or anywhere else you want your listeners to go)? There are many free services that allow you to create and download your own QR code images that you can place anywhere... on your website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Here is a QR code for one of our apps, the Cirrus® Remote Broadcaster.
You can also add the Google Play and App Store images with some simple photoshop skills. Create two separate QR codes; one for your Android app and one for your iOS app. Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Retrieve your URLs for your apps. If you don't know your apps' URLs, let us know and we can provide them.
- Find a free QR code generator service, like this one
- Paste each URL into the form, one at a time
- Save the generated image
- Publish anywhere on your site or social sites
- Direct listeners where to go to scan the QR code to download your free apps. Your listeners will just need to have a free QR code scanner app installed.
Now you can use custom QR codes for your apps, or anything else. If you have a contest you can create a QR code that links to an entry form. You can publish QR codes on your player, either uploaded to your player's "homepage" or create a menu button at the top that links to a content section containing the QR code, publish on flyers, business cards, and any other promotional material.